I don't know about you, but me I like to add my personal touch to recipes, failing to find the ones that stand out. Today, I decided to share something different with you(ok, I admit that I always share unusual things, but hey what do you want? I'm just being myself!). I revisited the pesto and the result is EXTRAORDINARY(in every sense of the term)! This recipe is interesting on the health side because it is alkalizing for the body(most people tend to be in a state of acidosis because of the modern diet), rich in omega 3(these are fatty acids which are often lacking in our diet and this is one of the causes of hormonal imbalance), rich in vitamins and minerals.
Here is everything you need for this recipe
- A blender or 1 mortar and pestle
- 1 cup of basil
- 2 cups of moringa leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of toasted almonds
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Before embarking on the preparation, you must rehydrate the moringa leaves first. What is interesting here is that everything is used, nothing is lost! Let me explain. You are going to make an infusion(which you are going to taste of course!) and then you are going to collect the leaves(which you usually throw away...) for our little recipe!
For people in a hurry
- Invert all the ingredients into your blender starting with anything that is liquid
- Mix until you get a homogeneous texture
For good food lovers
- Get your beautiful muscles out!
- Put a little salt in the bottom of the mortar
- Crush the garlic
- Add the almonds and crush them
- Add the basil, moringa and pepper then mash everything
- Incorporate the rest of the ingredients, i.e. all that is liquid as you go
- Adjust the amount of salt
LM College of Pharmacy, revue BioMed Central Complementary & Alternative Medicine, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, Journal of Dietary Supplements, journal ” Thieme E”, revue Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, journal Cogent Biology
If you enjoyed this recipe, feel free to share it!
Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to discover more!