Looking for healthier alternatives to commercial drinks? Need more energy? Or just want to discover flavors from elsewhere? Whatever your motivation, let me start by listing the benefits of the ingredients that make up this drink!
- Hibiscus* is packed with antioxidants
*many studies showed the benefit of drinking hibiscus tea to lower blood pressure.
- Clove has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties
- Tangerine skin has a beneficial effect on digestion
- Cinnamon has antiviral properties
- Pineapple peel has an action on edemas
Now let's move on into the kitchen! Here are what you will need:
- 2 cups of hibiscus flowers
- 1 pinch of cloves
- 2 mandarin skins (orange skins also work)
- Peels of a pineapple
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 liters of water
- Sugar to your taste (but try to keep it healthy!)
the fruits must be organic otherwise their skins have too many pesticides
- 1 saucepan of 5L (if you have a smaller saucepan, reduce the quantities of ingredients accordingly)
- 1 strainer
- several glass bottles
- Put the mandarin peels, pineapple peels, cloves, cinnamon in the pan
- Pour the water into the pan
- Bring the mixture to a boil
- Simmer for 20 minutes over medium heat
- Off the heat, add the hibiscus and sugar to the pan
- Stir and let cool to room temperature
- Leave the mixture to rest for 24 hours in the fridge(if you're wondering why you have to wait 24 hours, it's because I want you to taste an explosion of flavors!)
- Filter the mixture and pour it into your bottles
- It's ready! You can finally enjoy your drink!
the pan must always be closed with its lid so that the compounds do not volatilize
If you liked the recipe, feel free to share it! Subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on social media to receive similar recipes and other good things!