How to burn sage
Sage is an aromatic plant for everyone but a holy herb for Native Americans. It brings a warm and pleasant fragrance into the house in addition to promoting relaxation, purifying people, objects and rooms, attracting positive energies and raising consciousness.
Here's what you need for your fumigation
- 1 bundle of white sage
- 1 lighter
- 1 abalone shell(to respect traditions otherwise a bowl will do fine)
Steps to follow
- open wide the windows of your house
- put the sage in the shell
- light the sage
- let it burn for a few seconds
- turn off the fire
- walk around your house to smoke out the rooms and objects you want to purify with prayers(ideally said out loud)
- do not miss the rooms such as office, kitchen and entrance
- keep your windows open after your ritual to clear the smoke
Feel free to share this article with those who may find it useful.
Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter if you are interested in all things well-being!